Thursday 30 June 2011

Busy Insects

Veins.I love the wings on the bee; so very squiggly.


Beetles on an alium-head

Rose Chafer

Photographing insects is a wonderful way to lose yourself to another parallel universe.These insects are so preoccupied with my flowers! Busy, pollen collecting. You get sucked into their task filled days.  I  follow  them trying to capture a tiny moment.


Bumble Bee. B.soroeensis Nests underground and interbreeds, producing numerous colour varieties.
Leptura 6-guttata.These are Longhorn beetles; a family of more than 20,000 beetles, mostly with very long antennae. They feed on flowers, particularly pollen. They are normally found in woodland.

3 comments:

  1. LOVELY Jane ... me too just just love their wings, hairyness, amazing colours and shapes the insect world is fairly spectacular...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photo's - especially the close up of wings - I wonder if I could work this in alabaster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't insects just the most wonderful creatures. I never cease to be amazed when watching a lone ant carrying something 4 or 5 times it's size. M x

    ReplyDelete