Monday 17 June 2013


We had a trip to a small Vide grenier local to here. Very sweet village close to Luzy.


I have been buying a few Raspberry coloured clothes to go it seems with my chairs and tables. The bedroom come to think of  it too. All these things were 2nd hand. The shoes are very comfortable Doctor Martins.


Most of the things I bought came from the stall here by the church.
I met a lady with a van who I often see. She has a huge dog and lots of things, all kinds. I bought the small print tray from her. I regretted not buying it before. She told me she was there at 6.00am. That's commitment. She said there was very little trade.She's so smiley you just want to find something to buy. It does seem to be on the decline. I'm sure it was busier even a few years ago. People like the big Brocantes where 100 people plus turn up to sell. It's a pity but I'm just pleased to be on the tail end even.


My tub, it's coming together with a strange medley of plants. It's interesting how a combination of planting creates an effect different from the individual plants. An enhancement.


Some of the things I bought. I look for traditional things, the kind of things so familiar. I saw some lovely stencilled plates , typical Digoin. I didn't buy them because they are very common. Although this is actually why, I realise now why I like these things. Actually also they had a lovely colour scheme and a rose design to have a theme I have going. I always regret not buying something. I also found a very nice, again Raspberry coloured bicycle. Hope I see it again. I will buy it if I do. 

The glass bocaux used for Cornichons. 

Enamel lunch boxes with little trays under the lid to keep something seperate. I saw a film with Depardieu over the weekend Afternoons with Margueritte. He was eating out of one in one of the scenes, whilst wearing dungarees.
Already for a spot of planting.


I have photographed this house before. How splendid to have a tower.

Today I had to go to Nevers. While George was at the Prefecture I did a spot of quick  camera work.


Oops! Back to Vide Greniers.






Geums and Rosemary near the carpark below ground.



Prefecture, didn't go in. 


Flower shop.


4 comments:

  1. Love the new photos, I miss France!! We had guests at the weekend who belong to the 2CV club and I told them about your searches for wheels and bits and pieces for old Citroen vans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The van saga continues, I need to blog about it. I am still on the trail. I need to see my friend the farmer with it in his field soon. This week perhaps.

      Delete
  2. Loving the shoes... even better if they were raspberry too! A rasp bike sound great! Have van envy though mine is more practical and brighter. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes were in a rather strong rust colour, clashes wonderfully with pink. The whole garden is pinks at the mo. Sweet Williams in all hues.

      Delete